Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 11 - Thursday June 7

Today I slept in until 7:30 am. I showered and had breakfast. Margie washed my clothes, as I have nothing left to ware. We plan to go to the allotment and fix fence, move water tanks and go to a Gideon's meeting. We plan to sleep at the camper tonight and then come back tomorrow. Saturday we are going to see Andrew up by Lead, SD.

Today the wind is blowing very strong. It will be different not to be on a horse today, as I have ridden almost every day so far. We were calculating that I must have ridden over 75 miles so far, and this would be a modest estimate. I have some wear spots, but not much soreness, as I remember having. I guess all that gym work-works.

John and I went to the allotment and moved a water tank. We put together some 1 1/4" pipe and then set the tank on a flatter piece of ground. Then we took the 4 wheelers and checked the cattle. We were looking for a certain calf that had scours. We didn't find it , but we did see 5-6 elk. The Elk just stood there and watched us get closer, so I could get some pictures. Every time I've been here I've seen elk. They are big animals.

Tonight we went to a Gideon's meeting. I ate with them and then went to look in some stores while they had their business meeting. I found a few items as gifts for family. Were at the camper now, for the night. It's cold out, they had freeze warnings out for the area. Glad were in a camper and not in a tent.

No comments: