Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 7 - Sunday June 2

[SD] Powder River 2007-06-05

(Click on album to see pictures)

We went to church this morning in Edgemont, SD. Today went to John and Margie's church, a Southern Baptist. I went to the education hour. Then went to church. The pastor asked if I would give the opening prayer for worship. I also sang in the choir. It was a beautiful day to worship God. John drove me around Edgemont. Then we went home and had a steak dinner and I packed for Powder River, Wyoming.

Some of the neighbor's lease a ranch north of Powder River, Wyoming. It is a ranch that has 95,000 acres, which means it's size is 10 miles by 25 miles. The smallest pasture is 10,000 acres. We are going to gather up around 100 head of cows and caves. It's a chance of a life time for me.

I left for Philip's around 2pm. We waited until around 3:30 when the Paulton's came with their trailer. We loaded up 4 horses and tack. I drove Philip in my car. We headed for Powder River, Wyoming. It's a ranch with 95,000 acres. It took about 4 hours to drive. We stopped in Lusk and picked up another guy. Then we stopped in Casper, Wyoming for supper.

The last hour was spent on dirt roads that we could only go about 20 miles/hour. It was 25 miles back off the main road.

We slept in a bunkhouse for the night.

No comments: