Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 14 - Sunday June 10

[SD] Last Day 2007-06-11
(click on the album to see the pictures)

I drove over to the hard top road and waited for Phillip and his family. I decided to follow them into New Castle. I meet many of the congregation. It was good to see many people who had been and Vern's branding. It seemed like a majority of those there were here at worship.
Adult Sunday school had about 15 people, of which 12 were men, with Bibles in hand. Then worship began. They began with praise songs, a prayer, then the sermon, a bible study on how to pray. It ended with a prayer by a member. It was a very different order of worship than what I'm accustom to on Sunday mornings. But it was a good sermon and very biblical. We looked up at least 20 bible passages. But I must admit that I missed the liturgy, the prayers of the people, singing of hymns and communion . I must be showing my age.

I said my good byes to Phillip and his family and headed for the airport. On the way I stopped by Mount Rushmore. I took a picture with my phone and sent it to Barbara. She was surprised. It's been almost 30 years since I was here last. It has changed, but stayed the same.

I made it to the airport with just about an hour to spare. I returned the car and got my boarding pass. But when I went to go through security, it was closed. They wait for a plane to arrive before opening it up. I made it to the gate and sat down, and looked at a paper sitting on the chair next to me. There on the front page was an article about Dewey SD and drilling for Uranium. What a strange coincidence. There are only 7 people in Dewey, not many people know where it is.

Anyway-the flights went well and we arrived in Ct around 12:45 am on Monday. It was good to see my family again. The time change of 2 hours is harder coming home than going. Looking forward to my own bed.

No comments: